Climate, Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics (CLAOD) Seminar
Our department has a weekly informal seminar series on Tuesdays at 3pm. If you plan to be in the Bay Area on a Tuesday and have some interesting CLAOD-related work that you'd like to share, please let me know and I will check availability. With enough warning, we would be happy to host you (including students and postdocs) for a day visit.
PhD Students and Postdocs
**I am unable to consider or accept any PhD students during the fall 2022 admissions process (for a start at Stanford in fall 2023).**
- Looking for more Masters, PhD, postdoc and professional opportunities in the Earth sciences? Consider joining this mailing list (mostly US) and this mailing list (more international) to receive daily updates about new opportunities in the US and abroad.
Our lab is limited by funding, and I encourage potential future lab members to start applying for fellowships right away. Please contact me if you'd like me to sponsor a fellowship application (where applicable).
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Fellowship (predoctoral, PhD, postdoc - for members of underrepresented groups)
- Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology (PhD)
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science, Inc. Fellowship (PhD - for members of underrepresented groups)
- California Alliance Postdoctoral Fellowship (for members of underrepresented groups)
- Stanford Science Postdoctoral Fellowship
- NSF Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- NOAA Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Program
- James S. McDonnell Foundation Understanding Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems Postdoctoral Fellowship
I am open to working with Stanford undergraduates who are interested in a research project. Feel free to contact me and set up a meeting if you'd like to get involved with our work, and we can explore whether there is a suitable project for your interests and strengths. I encourage undergraduates at other institutions who are interested in working in our lab for a summer to apply to Stanford's Summer Undergraduate Research in Geoscience and Engineering Program (SURGE).
Lab Policy on Free Labor
Unfortunately, we do not allow any members to conduct research without receiving either academic credit, a stipend or a research award. Therefore we are unable to accept volunteer research of any kind.